11.05.2007

took a deep breath.


so last night i took a deep breath.

the last box of tomato and spinach pizza found it's way to the garbage and i found myself lying face down on the febreeze-scented carpet.
i was full.

this was no stranger's house, so i lay there with my shoes off, listening to Janet Jackson blow the last chorus of 'let's wait a while' through headphone in the kitchen.
and the sound of faucet water and the clinking of glasses being put up to dry.

i smiled.
this was that comfortable feeling i missed.
that feeling of being able to just chill and kick it and not be bogged down with 'what are we doing tonight?'
this was relaxing and going with the flow.

those water wrinkled, well manicured and lotioned hands were now on the back of my neck while my eyes pretended to be shut.
the smile gave away my secret.

i could feel his heart beating on my spine, and the grooves of his fingertips on my neck.
i could feel him blinking and hear him thinking to himself.
and he could tell i wasn't sleeping.

'there's something i want to tell you. there's something i think that you should know.'

and each syllable and note would have caused each hair on my neck to rise had i not just gotten a cut.
i missed this.

the lips i had been watching chew gum, then pizza crust were a breath away from my ear.
the lips i watched move up and down and then curve frequently during jokes were now a whisper away from mine.

'let's wait a while. before we...'
and i kissed him.

and between the bottom lip biting and tongue sucking, i found my eyes open watching him, making sure this wasn't my imagination running wild.
the 4.5 cups of pomegranate juice and vodka would do one of two things:
1. create a false sense of confidence, and make me go that extra mile that i normally wouldn't sober.
2. act as a mind eraser, leaving me dumb and wondering in the morning.

his tongue tasted like hawaiin punch and his shirt had been sprayed with bvlgari.
i'd find him in the dark if i needed to.

and in the dark we created snow angels in the carpets (if that makes sense).
and when the light broke through this morning i remembered everything about him.

but more importantly, i remember how comfortable it was.
and how deep i breathed.

and then i fixed us a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.

yeah.
so last night i took a deep breath.

3 comments:

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Mmmmmmmmm...Makes me want some Cinnamon fa sho! I tell you yo, you have a gift. And I don't know if that's the dude in the pix but none the less, his body is well sculptured (aka: Scrumptious!).

~Damnit!

Ailed LittleKnight said...

Truly delectable! I always have to remind myself not to get too carried away with reading your blog. it just takes me places...

You left so much to the imagination... I love it! Great style of writing!

SoFaReal said...

Wow, boy, you are so blessed. Please throw me some tips on how i can get a body so fantastically marvelous as yours....is it the Cinnamon Toast Crunch that gave you that ass...my God!