10.21.2007

slept beneath the covers.


so last night i slept beneath the covers.

see - this dude was strange.
this dude reminded me of everything that's right in the world. so it's safe to say he's comparable to that j. holiday song i listen to when shit doesn't go my way.
we discussed his reasoning behind cutting his locks, and my infatuation with the way he used to look, and an even deeper infatuation of how he appeared to me now.

i needed him to know that when his back was turned, my nose became familiar with the smell of black cherry oil sheen and weed.
and sometimes he wears givenchy cologne.

we discussed politics, race and our favorite sex positions.
and between michael eric dyson's thoughts of bill cosby and riding backwards so he could see the flick on the tv, i told him it was almost impossible for me to sleep under the covers when i slept alone.
sleeping under the cover provided a comfort i hated when noone lay beside me taking over the other side of the bed.
he laughed and thought i was strange, too.

whenever he took a time-out to take a sip of his vanilla bean frap. i was able to smile and not be noticed.

a few pinches from my banana nut bread chased by a grande caramel latte
and i was hoping tonight my non existent fingernails would exhaust his shoulder blades of all feelings.
i was hoping my lips would graze the back of his neck where the neck fade met the skin
and the black cherry oil sheen would survive the shower i'd take afterwards.

he's brown. and his skin lights up when he gets excited.
he sat there, eyes locked on the the track and field section and lips locked on the top of the straw.

it was 11:48pm.

him: can i chill at your spot for a few?

me: of course. don't pay attention to the room. it's messy.

him: fuck the appearance.

me: glad you made it sound easy!

him: we can watch the jeffersons and i can dip your oreos in milk for you.

me: word?

him: listen, dude. i don't give a shit what we do. i just want to make sure you're gonna sleep under the covers tonight.

and i smiled.

that night the cold crept under the door, found a lift in the goose down comforter and tickled my feet.

it was cold.
around 4am i found his naked body for warmth.

and i kissed the back his neck so i could find comfort in his scent all of the coming day.

yeah.
so last night i slept beneath the covers.

2 comments:

Promiscuous X said...

dam now I wanna sleep beneath the covers I'm feeln the storyline.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Wow... I know that's right! Now that was a damn good post yo. Very nice and of course as usual you give just enough to tickle the readers imagination. See what an HU education will do for ya! *Wink*.

~Damnit!